Shelters at Des Moines Water Works Park are available to rent during normal park hours.
- Park Shelter-South: Available for rental during the times of 7:00 am-1:00 pm and 3:00 pm-10:00 pm. Electricity and water available. Six picnic tables available.
- Park Shelter-North: First come/first serve basis.
- Additional picnic tables are available and can be moved to shelter areas at a cost of $5.00 per table
- Alcoholic beverages limited to beer and wine.
- Portable toilets are located in the Memorial Fountain area. Modern restrooms are located near the south shelter.
- If planning to use amplified sound, please contact the City of Des Moines at (515) 283-4200, to obtain a Sound Permit.
- Please pick up your trash and take it with you.
Complete the Facilities Reservation Application to reserve your event. Please call (515) 283-8752 for more information or view the complete Park Rental Information Brochure.
Wedding and Events
Wedding ceremonies at the Denman Memorial Fountain and the South Garden Gazebo are scheduled Memorial Day through the first weekend in October each year. Reservations are made on a first-come, first-served basis and are not confirmed until our office receives a non-refundable payment. The user is allowed up to three hours of area use.
- Wedding rehearsals may be scheduled and are normally held the evening prior to the ceremony.
- No topical applications, runners, mats, etc., are allowed on the grass in the Memorial Fountain area.
- Tents are not allowed. A canopy may be used if it is set up on the pavement area and secured with weights. Chairs and other decorative items may be used if rented by user.
- No product other than birdseed may be thrown. No liquor is allowed, but beer and wine are acceptable.
- For a minimal fee, electricity is available at the Memorial Fountain. The applicant must provide electric extension cords and will need a minimum of 200 feet at each site.