Important Information About Your DMWW Account - New Billing/Payment System
Des Moines Water Works recently launched a new online billing and payment system with several convenient payment features. All Des Moines Water Works customers have new customer/account numbers and this customer/account number will be needed for registration on the customer account portal, now powered by Invoice Cloud. DMWW Account Numbers are now 13 digits, which are a combination of a Customer Number (7 digits) and Account Number (6 digits).
Des Moines Water Works customers with e-mail addresses on file, recently received their new 13 digit account number. If you did not receive an e-mail, please wait until you receive your December 2020 statement which will have your new 13 digit number.
To Register Your Account: Click Here
For Frequently Asked Questions – Click Here
Des Moines Water Works (DMWW) in late November will launch new online billing and payment solutions to provide faster, more secure and more convenient payment services to our customers. All financial information will be stored using Payment Card Industry (PCI) compliant systems. Your DMWW account number will change. If you pay through your financial institution, please update your stored information with your new customer/account number on your December statement.
The new system offers more ways to view and pay your bill. Make a quick, one-time payment without registering, or create an account to enjoy additional features such as automatic payments, saving payment information for later use and viewing billing history.
IMPORTANT TO NOTE:
- Your DMWW customer account number will change. If you pay through your financial institution, please update your stored information with your new DMWW customer/account number that will be displayed on your December statement.
- Customers who pay by recurring credit card must submit a new authorization for this payment option. Recurring credit card information on file will not automatically transfer to the new system because this information is securely encrypted and unavailable to DMWW.
Other convenient and secure features include:
- Email Reminders – Receive a reminder when your bill is ready, when a scheduled payment is pending and after making a payment.
- Pay by Text – Receive text notifications about your bill. Pay through text message with your default payment method. Sign up for this feature when making an online payment or within your account.
- Automatic Payment Options:·
- AutoPay – Automatically pay the invoice amount on the due date.
- Recurring Scheduled Payments – Set up a schedule to pay a fixed amount or the invoice balance on a specific day of the month.
With the new payment system, convenience fees for select payment options will change:
- All credit/debit card payments made online or by phone will have a $2.75 per transaction fee. This includes payments made by recurring credit card.
- The transaction limit for credit card payments will change to $500 per transaction.
DMWW is committed to ensuring customers have a no-cost electronic payment method available. All electronic check (ACH) transactions, including automatic payments using E-check, will be free of charge.
The new fee structure and account numbers changes go into effect when the billing and payment systems are launched in late November.
For more information, call a Customer Service Representative at (515) 283-8700.