DMWW General Office Opening June 29 to Serve Walk-in Customers
Des Moines Water Works (DMWW) is planning for the re-opening of the General Office to serve walk-in customers, beginning Monday, June 29. In mid-March, DMWW closed the General Office and temporarily suspended service termination for delinquent accounts during the COVID-19 public health emergency.
DMWW has implemented measures to protect employees and customers in order to safely re-open the customer service area, including:
- Social Distancing – Customers will be in queue lines spaced 10 feet apart.
- Face masks will be required. Free masks will be available.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at each walk-up station. Customers are encouraged to use at the beginning and end of their transaction. Plexiglass shields will serve as a barrier at each station.
- The customer service area will be cleaned throughout the day.
- Employees are required to wear masks and take temperature each day before reporting to work.
Skip the line and conduct most customer service transactions by calling (515) 283-8700 or log-in to your customer account at www.dmww.com.
The anticipated date of resuming service terminations for non-payment is July 13. It is important for customers to call Des Moines Water Works at (515) 283-8700 if you have a delinquent balance or are struggling to pay your bill. Customer service representatives can discuss options available, such as short/long-term payment arrangements or connecting you with other resources. Service could be terminated beginning July 13, unless customers have called to make arrangements with a customer service representative.