Clean Water Support Program
Clean Water Support Program
Des Moines Water Works (DMWW) takes pride in our responsibility to protect source water quality, natural resources, and the financial investments of the utility. In fact, our core value of Stewardship is our environmental and financial blueprint for our water future.
Do you have an interesting project, event, or campaign to pitch for support?
We are looking for opportunities to partner with groups and organizations that not only support clean water, but also demonstrate our commitment to our team members, customers, and community by empowering others and embracing diversity. If your group or organization is thinking of a project, event, or campaign that you would like to have considered for financial support in 2022, please complete the proposal form below and submit by February 28, 2022.
DMWW Mission Statement
DMWW wants to lead the state and the industry by pushing boundaries and moving our utility beyond expectations. We have the courage to continually question ourselves to shape a better future for our community. If you share our values, we would love to partner with you to support clean water. The proposal you pitch should:
- Provide value to both DMWW and the community
- Reflect appropriate and accountable use of public funds
- Strengthen our outreach efforts
- Enhance DMWW reputation for excellence
- Align with our Mission, Vision and Core Values
Clean Water Support Program Guidelines and Considerations*
Successful proposals will:
- Build awareness and appreciation among the public for the value of water as a vital resource
- Build awareness for source water quality and quantity
- Align with our missions, strategic goals and annual budget
- Help build brand awareness of DMWW’s Mission, Vision and Core Values to the community
*Proposals are subject to budgetary limitations, and awards may be respectfully declined or be less than requested.
*The project, event, or campaign description will be captured in an agreement to be signed by the organization, and a closeout report must be submitted once the project, event, or campaign is finished.
Examples of proposals that will be considered include:
- Nonprofit and community events that provide messaging and outreach specific to the goals of DMWW initiatives and include activities such as events, programs, conferences, or sessions on issues related to water, including trade/industry issues, environmental and ecosystem issues, environmental justice issues, water and land conservation, water quality, water reuse/recycling, job opportunities in the water industry
- Educational programs and activities created for K-12 students, disadvantaged communities or neighborhoods, landowners and other stakeholders in the Raccoon and Des Moines River Watersheds.
- Initiatives that support diversity and inclusion and help DMWW ensure it is providing everyone the opportunity to receive the best water service possible.
Proposals for the following will NOT be considered:
- Donations or sponsorships to individuals
- Groups that discriminate on any basis
- Political events, parties, candidates, or issues
- Endowment or capital campaigns
- Religious organizations, unless for the general community benefit and not promoting any religious doctrine
- Activities, organizations or causes that are not related to DMWW’s missions and goals.
- Activities that serve a specific staff/ board member’s interest, such as youth sporting events, school fundraisers, and other events that do not align with DMWW’s goals
How to submit a Clean Water Support Proposal:
- All proposals of projects, campaigns, or events must be made in writing using the Clean Water Support Proposal Form below.
- Requests must be submitted for consideration by February 28 of each year
- Awards will be communicated by March 31 of each year
- After funds are allocated, a follow-up report will be required within 60 days after the conclusion of the project, campaign, or event.
For additional information or questions, please contact External Affairs Manager Jennifer Terry.