Park Shelters and Picnic Areas
Park shelters are available to rent during park hours.
- Park Shelter-South: Available for rental during the times of 7:00 am-1:00 pm and 3:00 pm-10:00 pm. Electricity and water available. Six picnic tables available.
- Park Shelter-North: Available for use during the times of 7:00 am-9:00 pm. First come/first serve basis. Six picnic tables available.
- Additional picnic tables are available and can be moved to shelter areas at a cost of $5.00 per table
- Alcoholic beverages limited to beer and wine.
- Portable toilets are located in the Memorial Fountain and north shelter areas. Modern restrooms are located near the south shelter.
- If planning to use amplified sound, please contact the City of Des Moines at 515.283.4200, to obtain a Sound Permit.
Please call 515.283.8752 for rental information or view the complete Park Rental Information Brochure.
- Water Works Park
- Arie Den Boer Arboretum
- Maffitt Reservoir
- Weddings & Events
- Facility Rentals
- Event Calendar
- Des Moines Water Works Park Foundation
- Water Works Park Memorial Contributions
DSMH20 - DMWW Blog
For the latest news in water quality, customer service and other water-related hot topics, visit DMWW's blog.