Water plays a key role in your health and safety. Des Moines Water Works (DMWW) plays a key role in providing you with a safe, clean and reliable water supply.
DMWW is an independently operated, public utility providing drinking water to approximately 500,000 people in the Greater Des Moines area. DMWW is the largest water utility in Iowa, among the largest 100 utilities in the country and is recognized as an industry leader.
Des Moines Water Works’ goal is to deliver Water You Can Trust for Life. The quality of our finished product was acknowledged in 2008 when Forbes.com recognized Des Moines for having the highest quality drinking water in the USA over the 2004 to 2006 time period
Des Moines Water Works' Vision
Leading, advocating and investing today to deliver water you can trust for life.
Des Moines Water Works' Mission
Des Moines Water Works is a regional utility that protects public health by delivering quality water in reliable quantities. Operating with fiscal discipline, DMWW offers dynamic and responsive services that provide high value to our customers.
Des Moines Water Works' Core Values
We meet our mission with:
- Service: We are committed to exceeding customer expectations and anticipating future needs.
- Responsibility: We take fiscal responsibility in our operations and care for utility assets, including utilizing our land resources, for the public good and enjoyment.
- Stewardship: We are mindful of our collective responsibility to protect and improve our limited natural resources for the benefit and use of future generations.
- Innovation: We encourage employees to challenge traditional approaches, develop best in class practices, and seek opportunities to apply emerging technologies.
- Productivity: We are inspired by the importance of the work we do and demonstrate our commitment through the results we achieve.
- Expertise: We embrace employee life-long learning to maximize our knowledge, skills, and abilities insuring sound procedures and practices.
- Partnership: We build cooperative relationships through effective joint ventures within industry, government and our community.
- Trust: We create open relationships and produce a strong, ethical organization through mutual respect, honesty, genuine communication and commitment to trust.
- Diversity: We appreciate our diverse backgrounds and cultures and value each other’s contributions.
- Safety: We are committed to protecting the health and safety of our employees, customers and communities where we operate.
- Organizational Chart
- Board of Water Works Trustees
- News Releases
- Media Resources
- Energy Management
DSMH20 - DMWW Blog
For the latest news in water quality, customer service and other water-related hot topics, visit DMWW's blog.